Wednesday, September 14, 2005

T.R.O.Y.

This morning my mother told me that we were going to clean the spare bedroom. Since we moved into this apartment, two years ago, the spare bedroom has been a store room, filled with all of our junk. I told my mother no. I don't like how she gets into moods and then tells me what I'm going to do, instead of asking me. I told her no, and instead of her starting on the room alone she retreated to her room to watch television. I went to the room later to fold the clothes that were sprawled everywhere, it's amazing how much bigger the room looks now. Anyway, while I was folding I came across a box of stuff that I had collected when I was younger. I went through it and had a great time.

There were a lot of magazines with JANET JACKSON, Brandy, IMMATURE, PENNY HARDAWAY, TLC, and other sports and music stars on the covers. It's amazing how I am not attracted to any of them men that were in Immature...they're all just...okay now, ten years ago I would've killed anyone that "dissed" them by saying there were "okay" looking. I also find my Janet Jackson "collection"...magazines, newspaper clippings, my fan club papers, tour books. Tour books nowadays are garbages. Janet's books were huge, made of heavy-weight paper, and were filled with beautiful pictures and loads of information, they were totally worth whatever I paid for them. Now, tour books go for $20+ and are four pages deep with pictures that you can see online everyday. I also came across my Dennis Rodman book Bad As I Wanna Be, which was certified and autographed...think it's worth anything? I remember meeting Dennis clearly.

My dad took me and my sister up to a Westchester basketball show, so I could meet him. I remember that we were the only Black people on the line, lol. I was so nervous, because I had a crush on Dennis at the time...young and crazy I was, and my hands were sweating. So when we get up there Dennis was really friendly, I guess it was the complexion connection. After I got my book signed, we were leaving and I see two White women wearing hooker/stripper uniforms consisting of skin-tight shiny pants, five inch heels, and halters let behind a rope to the area where Dennis was. I was disgusted. We then went to look around and I bought a ton of Penny Hardaway cards, and a picture of Kobe Bryant holding his trophy after he won the All-Star Slam Dunk contest.

It was good to go back in time for a little bit. But now I'm in the present. I don't understand why I can't get motivated to get up and do anything! I need help!

Okay I'm REALLY going to clean my room now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.